script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.haloscan.com/load/thekaostheory"> The Kaos Theory: Mark Twain Quotes

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Mark Twain Quotes


 Posted by Hello
I was just surfing around waiting for breakfast to finish cooking when I found a page compiling quotes from Mark Twain. Some of my favorites.

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

An Englishman is a person who does things because they have been done before. An American is a person who does things because they haven't been done before.

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting.

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying that I approved of it.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
|